E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 80mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select - EFL87950
The F-16 Fighting Falcon is one of the most recognized and successful single-engine fighters in the world. Its amazing performance and capabilities are why the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team chooses to operate it with distinction at airshows around the globe. The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 80mm EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) is an Extra Scale model based on the single-seat F-16C variant which entered production in 1984. This replica is nearly as large as other 90mm EDF models, yet the efficient power system delivers better overall performance and longer flight times when using common 6S 4000–7000mAh batteries. The fully-painted white plus red and blue finish replicates the iconic Thunderbirds scheme in stunning fashion, while Extra Scale details and functional features — including the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet — combine to deliver an unmatched flying experience!
- The Smartest and most detailed high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
- Fully painted white plus red and blue trim scheme with factory-applied stars and other markings
- Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs and more
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Optional-use thrust reversing to help shorten rollout after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Spektrum™ AR8360T receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Functional, optional-use flaperons pre-programmed for proper operation with AS3X and SAFE Select
- Nine (9) factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale-like painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts
- Sequenced, servo-operated nose and main gear doors with molded in details
- Plastic capped strakes, hatch edges and opening for added durability to prevent damage and paint chipping
- Two-piece wing with hands-free connections that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Optional simulated afterburner LED ring available separately
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
The Smartest and Most Detailed High-Performance Thunderbirds Model Yet!
The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 80mm EDF jet is the Smartest and most detailed high-performance model of the iconic airshow aircraft yet! Extra Scale details, including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and more, take realism to the next level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, optional-use flaperons, sequenced gear doors plus the most scale-like retractable landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet. Both versions include nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos, and with the ARF Plus version you can install the compatible receiver and an 80mm EDF power system of your choice — from another similar class model or using other compatible components.
The BNF® Basic version includes a V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-power 2100Kv brushless inrunner motor, and a 100-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver fantastic performance with popular 6S 4000–7000mAh LiPo batteries – plus an incredible turbine-like sound. This efficient power system provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in similar-sized models powered by 90mm EDFs. It's also equipped with a factory-installed Spektrum™ AR8360T receiver featuring exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. When using compatible transmitters, the receiver and Smart ESC supply overall battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other telemetry data in real-time – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – along with optional-use motor reversing to shorten rollouts after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities. Constructed of molded EPO with plastic-capped strakes, hatch edges and openings to prevent damage to the fully-painted white plus red and blue finish during handling and when installing/removing batteries, this F-16 assembles without glue and can be ready to fly in much less time than other similar class models!