Kato N EMD SD70ACE UP (MKT HERITAGE) #1988 -- 1768409
The SD70ACe is the latest in the line of EMD's "70" locomotives, an evolution of the SD70MAC, although its radiator design harkens more to that of the SD80/90 body. The SD70ACe has been designed to fit the latest EPA standards and regulations, and sports 4300 horsepower.
The Union Pacific has currently put in the largest purchase order for these units, and as a display of respect for the railroads it has incorporated, has produced six "Heritage" style painted locomotives with road numbers designated by the year they were merged into the UP.
Locomotive #1988 is painted in traditional Katy Colors, with an alternating two-tone red scheme. It bears the road number 1988, the year the Katy became a part of the Union Pacific.
- Model Features
- Exceptional and crisp molding to accentuate the distinct angular lines of the nose and high dynamic brake
- Powerful Kato mechanism powered by a 5-pole flywheel motor and featuring a 9 3/4" minimum turning radius.
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted numberboards.
- Illuminated ditch lights.
- DCC Friendly mechanism ready for drop-in decoder installation.