EFL077500 Viper 70 EDF Jet BNF Basic w/ AS3X and SAFE Select
The full-scale Viper Jet was designed to deliver fighter-jet looks and performance with low-wing prop-driven airplane handling so more pilots could enjoy flying a jet.
The E-flite® Viper 70mm EDF is true-to-form both in its appearance and how it delivers a high-performance jet experience like no other, whether you've flown many jets before or even if it's your first "full-house" jet model.
It delivers incredible speed, vertical performance, and aerobatic capability while also being easier to take off and land than other similar class models – especially because this Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies.
This updated and upgraded version also includes a higher performance Spektrum motor and 85A Avian Smart Lite ESC for added speed and vertical performance, plus delivers real-time telemetry data and thrust reversing via the AR631 receiver, along with shock-absorbing struts and softer tires for easier landings!
- Updated and upgraded with a higher performance power system, Smart electronics, shock-absorbing struts and softer tires, plus a higher visibility color scheme
- The best choice for a first "full-house" and high-performance jet for low-time to experienced EDF pilots
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- Expertly engineered and optimized ducting for incredibly efficient performance without "cheater" holes
- 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Upgraded and factory-installed 6S-compatible 3060-1900Kv brushless inrunner motor plus 85A ESC
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, capable of top speeds up to 120+ MPH
- Popular 6S 3200–4000mAh 30+C batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 85-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current draw, RPM and other data – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible transmitters
- Optional-use thrust reversing to help shorten rollout after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Functional and factory-installed flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings plus improved slow-flight performance
- Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with upgraded shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Softer tires to reduce bouncing when landing on paved and other hard surfaces
- Eight fast and precise digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- No glue is required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Easy to install/remove one-piece wing with updated design to prevent stress cracks
- Lightweight yet strong and durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Large top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Unique and highly-visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
The E-flite® Viper 70mm EDF has been updated and upgraded to be the Smartest, best handling, and easiest-to-fly mid-sized model of the popular jet yet! It's a scale jet that flies smooth and handles like a sport airplane — yet is also capable of incredible aerobatics and top speeds. But what truly sets it apart is how easy it is to take off, fly, and land, which makes it the BEST choice for a high-performance EDF model for a variety of pilots. Assembly is fast and simple, with no glue or special tools required. The lightweight, composite-reinforced EPO airframe is factory-finished in the now iconic Aircraft Studio Design trim scheme with higher visibility color. And the eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed. Functional flaps and electric retracts, with upgraded shock-absorbing struts plus wheels featuring softer tires to reduce bouncing when landing, make it a perfect first "full-house" jet model for those moving up from simpler EDF models.
This BNF® Basic version model includes a factory-balanced and installed 12-blade 70mm fan, matched to a larger 1900Kv brushless inrunner motor, plus an 85-amp Avian Smart Lite ESC that work together with the optimized ducting to deliver an abundance of speed and thrust. With this updated and upgraded power system, the Viper 70mm now has even better vertical performance and approximately 10% more speed than the previous version making it capable of level flight top speeds up to 120+ MPH and nearly unlimited vertical performance with 6S 3200mAh to 4000mAh batteries.
It's also equipped with a factory-installed Spektrum AR631 receiver featuring exclusive AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. When using compatible AirWare-equipped transmitters, the receiver and Smart Lite ESC supply overall battery voltage, current draw, motor RPM and other telemetry data in real-time — with Smart and non-Smart batteries. And with a 7–8+ channel transmitter, you can also take advantage of the optional-use thrust reversing to shorten rollouts after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities. It all adds up to deliver a mid-sized, full-house and high-performance EDF jet experience unlike any other for low-time to experienced jet pilots!