E-flite UMX Twin Otter BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select - EFLU30050
De Havilland Canada developed the DHC-6 Twin Otter in 1965. Designed as a rugged STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) commuter aircraft, the Twin Otter carried passengers and cargo into harsh environments like the sub-zero Antarctic and the scorching North African desert. Viking Air Limited purchased the Type Certificates for all out-of-production de Havilland aircraft in 2005 and announced the Viking Series 400 Twin Otter Production Program two years later. By mid-2015, Viking re-established the Twin Otter as a successful commuter airliner. The E-flite® UMX™ Twin Otter is an ultra-micro class scale replica that can be the perfect first twin-powered model for intermediate to experienced RC pilots. It's convenient and easy to fly, and is outfitted with functional features including LED navigation and landing lights, twin brushless motors with counter-rotating 3-blade props – plus it can be equipped with optional floats to fly from pools, ponds, and lakes!
- The most affordable and convenient scale replica of the STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) capable cargo and passenger carrying utility aircraft
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first scale and twin-powered model
- Powerful brushless motors compatible with common and affordable 1S 500–800mAh batteries
- Functional scale features including LED navigation lights and counter-rotating 3-blade props
- Scale details including molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces, and more
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Works with the Spektrum™ DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- 4-channel control including differential thrust for full aerobatic capability
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Install the optional floats (sold separately) to fly from water
- Ultra-micro sized to fly in more places and smaller spaces
The Convenient And Easy To Fly Twin!
There's no better choice for RC pilots who want a great first – or next – twin model than the E-flite® UMX™ Twin Otter! It delivers exciting "bush plane" scale looks and performance and the inherent stability of a high-wing design. Because of its convenient ultra-micro size, it can be flown in more places and smaller spaces, including in many yards, parks, and sports fields. You can even remove the landing and install the optional floats (sold separately) to fly from pools, ponds, and lakes! Along with molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces, and a scale-inspired trim scheme, the UMX Twin Otter is also equipped with scale-looking LED navigation and landing lights and exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. Plus, the brushless motors – with counter-rotating 3-blade props – are compatible with common and affordable 1S 500–800mAh batteries also used for the UMX Ultrix™ and other popular models. The E-flite UMX Twin Otter offers a truly unique flying experience a wide range of pilots can enjoy!